The Met Gala, also known as the Costume Institute Gala and also identified as Met Ball, is an annual fundraising gala for the advantage of Metropolitan Museum of Art’s Costume Institute in the New York City. It marks opening of the Costume Institute’s yearly fashion display. Each year’s event celebrates the theme of that year’s Costume Institute show, and the show sets the tone for the official dress of the night, since guests are probable to choose their fashion to match the theme of the exhibition.
Here are 5 jewellery looks from the 2019 Met Gala we won’t soon forget –
- Lupita Nyongo in Miu Miu gown and Bulgari jewellery –
- Bella Hadid in shiny emerald earrings and a amazing bedazzled Moschino look that gives the illusion that she’s wearing lots of diamond bracelets –
- Pose star Billy Porter take Egyptian look and was carried onto red carpet pharaoh-style. His collective included rings from the Oscar Heyman, jewellery from Andreoli and John Hardy, and a head piece from Mordekai –
- Katy Perry was beautifully dressed in a Jeremy Scott/Moschino-designed chandelier “dress” co-created by the famous Michael Schmidt. Her ring may have been the only fine jewellery piece she wore, but her entire look was stunning and so impressively campy –
- Lily Collins in Cartier: Magnitude High Jewellery platinum necklace with shiny emeralds, rock black lacquer, onyx, crystal, and diamonds and Magnitude High Jewellery platinum earrings with onyx, rock crystal, emeralds, and diamonds